Sunday, October 24, 2010

Going home!

I can't believe it has already been two months since I arrived in Premanon. There have been highs and there have been lows, but most importantly, this has been an experience of a lifetime! I am mostly glad to be going home, but also sad to be leaving this amazing place. Sometime in my lifetime I hope to return for some riding or skiing in the Jura Mountains of France and Switzerland.

To wrap things up, I thought I would post some numbers about my time here:
- 11 VO2 max tests to measure aerobic capacity
- 6 indoor 30km time trials to measure sub-maximal power
- 2 muscle biopsies to measure muscle cell mitochondrial function
- 7 CO rebreathing tests to measure blood volume
- 2 arterial catheters used to measure cardiac output
- 6 wingate tests to measure anaerobic power
- 12 electro-stimulation tests to measure muscle fatigue
- 30 or more blood draws

And most importantly, all of the time spent riding in an incredible setting with:
- 78 hours of riding outside
- 1200 miles
- 110,000 feet of climbing

Now all I have left to do is to invent teleportation and instantly transport myself back to Seattle and not have to deal with the long miserable journey ahead...

The complete Live-High Train-Low crew before saying our goodbyes.

1 comment:

  1. Great recap and thoughts.
    Have a great "endurance" flight home.
    I Look forward to seeing you
    Dad

    ReplyDelete