Monday, August 30, 2010

Premanon 1.0

After a long day of traveling, I have made it to my new home in Premanon, France where I will be participating in an elite cyclist altitude study for the next two months. There are 18 athletes total in the study, including friends from Seattle, Russell Stevenson and Ian Terry.

This morning I went out for my first ride which was incredible to say the least. The roads are amazingly twisty through beautiful countryside in the Jura mountains. We are fed three meals per day in addition to endless snacks, coffee, riding food, wine, you name it... So far, the quality of the food has been very good, especially the comte cheese(the local specialty) and loads of bread!


I will do my best to keep my blog updated with my latest rides and experiences.


The lodge where I will live for the next two months.


The lodge is the French National Training Center for nordic skiing!


View out of my window. The grass is our soccer field.


Outdoor ping-pong!


The riding is very hilly!

2 comments:

  1. Jealous... man that looks like a once and a lifetime experience! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris! Yes, I think it will be an awesome experience! Over two months, the frequent testing and confined quarters are going to make it quite the mental trial I think...

    ReplyDelete