Monday, September 10, 2012

Lake Whatcom Reconveyance

Yeah, I know, it's been forever since I've posted anything on here.  I've done a bunch of races, fun rides and hikes, but most of all, I've been busy and not motivated to do computer stuff at home after staring at a monitor all day at work.  I'll try to play catch-up in the next couple of weeks as I switch from work to school.  Next Wednesday is the last day of my internship at Heath Tecna.  I learned a lot, made new friends, and enjoyed my time there.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) night is an important meeting and potentially the last hurdle in approving the Lake Whatcom Land Reconveyance.  If passed, the plan would allow 8000 acres of land to be used for recreation, including mountain biking.  Lookout and Stuart Mountains, both just outside of Bellingham,  could be home to 50+ miles of singletrack and provide residents with a vast sustainable outdoor playground.  Outdoor recreation is a very important part of our lives and Bellingham is already known far and wide for its amazing mountain bike trails and community.  With the recent issues surrounding Galbraith Mountain, the need for legitimate long-term trail access is fresh in everyones' minds.

Come to the meeting tomorrow night (Tues 9/11) at the Whatcom County Council Chambers to show your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment