Thursday, June 7, 2012

Staying busy

I know, It's been a while since I posted anything on here.  A lot has happened in the last couple weeks but I finally have a chance to write a quick update.  Ski to Sea aka the Bellingham Olympics was a week and a half ago.  The weekend of parties and festivities did not dissapoint.  I was honored to again race for the best team in town:  Klicks Running and Walking.  Hard to believe this was the 5th time I have raced Ski to Sea and 5th time racing for Klicks (formerly Runningshoes.com).

This year we ended our alternating Whatcom County Division win-loss streak between Beaver's Tree Service.  For the first time ever, we won two consecutive Ski to Seas.  Everyone raced so strongly and I was really honored to compete with such a great group of dudes.  The Klicks after-party was incredible as always.

This year the mountain bike leg that I compete in had a new rule change to allow cyclocross bikes.  I hadn't ridden my cross bike since November and didn't have a very reliable tire setup, so I decided to still ride my Noble, but with super fast Furious Fred tires.  My bike felt fast and I felt strong, but Steve Fisher must have felt even stronger because he really crushed it.  Not surprising given he is a top cross and road racer.  His full speed was finally unleashed with the option of riding his cross bike.

Team Klicks Running and Walking.  Champions.

Last saturday was the Second Ascent Ballard Crit, which has been put on by my road/cross team, Second Ascent, for the last few years.  The rain stayed away and speeds stayed high.  I finished in my "usual spot" of second row in the sprint.

As of today I am finally done with finals and spring quarter.  Whitney and I have been moving the last week, so life has been busy.  We are really excited about the new place in the lettered streets neightborhood.  Small, but upscale and most importantly it has a garage for bikes!  And it is walking distance to downtown.  Our year of living with Chris and Courtenay was really great and a lot of fun.  I wish them all the best with their (soon to be) married lives.

This weekend is the second race of the NW Epic Series.  The venue is up above Lake Chelan at Echo Valley, a place I have not raced at since the WIM days (who remembers that?).  Should be a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job at Ski-to-Sea! I can't imagine how hard it must be to defend.

    And I'll see you at Echo Valley, get ready for a FAST race.

    ReplyDelete