Monday, June 28, 2010

Elkhorn

After a month of fewer races, I felt well-rested, but not particular well-prepared to race the Elkhorn Classic stage race down in Baker City, Oregon. Instead of expecting to do well, I decided to race purely to have a good bike racing weekend with Second Ascent friends. My relaxed approach did me good, as I still ended up 13th overall in GC. I had a lot of fun in the crit, where I bridged up to a 3-man break that included WWU teammate, Steve Fisher. The 4 of us rode together for 40 minutes while our gap hovered around only 15 seconds until the final lap, when we were caught. Bummer to not be able to finish it off right, but a fun ride nonetheless. In the Cat-3's, my Second Ascent teammates totally dominated. From what I heard, AD, Carter, and Stansbury controlled the races and worked hard ensuring that Logger would take the win. Sweet!

Turn 1 inside line.
Photo: Chris Mahan

No comments:

Post a Comment